IBPS PO, IBPS SO or IBPS Clerk?
PO means a probationary officer who is recruited by the IBPS PO exam every year. Some banks recruit them by giving one-year post-graduation diploma courses. Clerks have recruited through the IBPS clerk exam every year. For SBI and some private banks, they conduct separate exams for PO and Clerk.
- After selecting as PO candidates have to undergo 2 years of probation period. After 2 years they will be confirmed as assistant manager. Clerks have 6 months of probation after which they will get confirmed as clerks.
- PO salary is high compared to the clerk. At the start, they get a double amount of clerk as a salary.. in general clerk gets around 18 to 20 Thousand and officers to get around 40 thousand.
- Both PO and clerk work in branches under the same manager but PO has more responsibilities than clerks in the bank. Whatever the transaction, the clerk enters in the system and the PO has to authorize it by checking for correctness. PO has more knowledge than a clerk in general.
A Bank SO is however not an interaction-heavy role.
- The total salary for an IBPS PO would be INR 36,000 – 38,000 whereas that of an IBPS SO would be INR 29,000 – 30,700. Hence, clearly IBPS POs get much more salary than IBPS SOs do.
- IBPS PO can expect to see themselves at a Senior Management Grade Scale-III (SMGS-III) or they can even become Senior Management Grade Scale-IV (SMGS-IV) if their performance is excellent. An IBPS SO on the other hand may have the same rank or designation but in their respective departments.
Moreover, You can get in touch with our expert,(Mobile – 9051753757) exclusively associated with Zeroinfy.in
Hope you can find this article helpful. If you did like this Blog then Share it with your friends who are doing CA Final studies or who will be giving their CA Final exams in the near future.
All The Best..!!
Zeroinfy is the Largest Online Platform for Exam Preparation in India, with over 2000+ HD quality video courses, 95+ best Professors. We provide access to the best, most reputed Professors, from across India, by streaming their classes online/ delivering it in pen drives