Certified Copies through RTI | Process for CA Students
Steps to make RTI Application for getting Certified Copies of Answer Sheets:
1. Go to RTI Online Portal- https://rtionline.gov.in/login.php
2. Click on submit new request.
3. Agree to terms and conditions.
4. Search for "Institute of Chartered Accountants of India" in Public Authorities list.
5. Fill the necessary information.
6. In the text for RTI Request Application submit the following.
See sample below 👇
7. Attach the self attested copy of your ADMIT CARD and Upload the document.
8. Pay Rs.10 and submit the application.
PS: IT IS ADVISED TO WRITE THE ABOVE APPLICATION LETTER IN HAND AND THEN UPLOAD THE SAME ALONG WITH ADMIT CARD
View/Download- RTI User Manual
RTI application format Sample
The Additional Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002
Subject: Photocopy of Answer book of the Board Examinations under the RTI Act, 2005
I have appeared for CA Final Examination with following particulars: –
3. Contact no:
4. E-mail address:
6. Student Registration No:
7. Examination: CA Final
Roll No :
Paper No. : Subject
The self-attested photocopy of my admit card/ hall ticket is enclosed for verification of my identity. I also undertake that I am the same candidate who appeared in the aforesaid examination. I hereby declare and affirm that the details mentioned above relate to me only and are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. The information may kindly be provided at the given address.
(Student Registration Number)
Frequently Asked Questions with respect to Certified Copies under RTI
1. Whether ICAI will provide certified copies under RTI?
To establish and follow the law laid down by Supreme Court in the judgement ICSI Vs. Paras Jain, ICAI appointed CPIOs exclusively for providing certified copies under RTI dated 29th Aug 2019.
2. How many days it will take to get certified copies under RTI?
As per RTI act, information to an applicant shall be supplied within 30 days from the receipt of application by the public authority.
3. What documents are to be uploaded under supporting document?
To prove the identity, we suggest you upload Admit card/ hall ticket/ any other supporting document like student card, exam form etc.,
And upload your Food security card or Ration card, if you are falling under Below Poverty Line Category, to claim exemption from application fee of Rs. 10.
4. Whether we should send print-out of the RTI application physically to the institute?
No, there is no such requirement to send the application form physically. Once you have filed application at RTI portal, the same will reflect under CPIO’s dashboard and they will take further action to provide certified copies.
5. Can we get certified copies of previous attempt?
As per the RTI act, 2005 information can be sought as far as it is available with the public authority. As per ICAI regulations 39(4) answer books are retained for a period of four months (120) days from the date of declaration of result.
6. Whether we can choose any option like softcopy/hardcopy format of certified copy?
No, we don’t have any such option. It solely depends upon the institute in which format they want to provide. ICMAI and ICSI- Decided to provide in Hard copy format by charging Rs. 2 per page and ICAI – Decided to provide in soft copy format at free of cost.
7. Where we can check the status of our application?
Whether we will receive certified copies on mail or post?
You can check the status of your application on RTI portal through the following link: https://rtionline.gov.in/request/status.php
8. To whom we should contact if we haven’t received certified copies within 30days?
You can contact CPIO of the respective institute. There may be no timely response on e-mail, try to reach the CPIO over Telephone during the office hours.
Hope you can find this article helpful. If you did like this Blog then Share it with your friends who are doing CA Final studies or who will be giving their CA Final exams in the near future. All The Best.
Zeroinfy is the Largest Online Platform for Exam Preparation in India, with over 2000+ HD quality video courses, 150+ best Professors. Presently it covers exams like CA, CS, CMA. We provide access to the best, most reputed Professors, from across India, by streaming their classes online/ delivering it in pen drives. Moreover these lectures can be viewed multiple times, 24X7, anytime anywhere. In addition to this there is a complete freedom to ask questions and clear all doubts at every step by dedicated faculty who give unmatched, personalized feedback. For furthermore enquiries call 8100800600/601.
For other queries, check Zeroinfy.in Thank you!!