NOTES FOR INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE OF APPLICANTS
(Under the syllabus approved under Regulation 25F of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988)
Candidates who are planning to appear in the December 2022 exams are advised to check their status at the Self Service Portal (SSP) and be assured that they meet the eligibility criteria to be able to effortlessly fill the exam forms at SSP.
As a part of automation and platform consolidation, ICAI is pleased to announce that all candidates in respect of Foundation Examination will be required to apply online at https://eservices.icai.org (Self Service Portal - SSP) for December 2022 Exam onwards and also pay the requisite examination fee online. These forms are based on your eligibility of your course based on announcements and regulations. These forms are available on SSP, and you are requested to login with your credentials (Username <SRN@icai.org> and password). There is no need to send hard copy of the Exam Application Form which is generated after submission in SSP to exam department.
Before filling the exam form please check following:
1. Candidates are required to have valid login credentials on SSP. If not, please visit https://eservices.icai.org/ to create the login.
Please use forgot password option in case you have forgotten or lost your password. Students are also requested to Create User Name, Register Course, Convert Course, Revalidate, Update Photo, Signature and Address on SSP only.
2. Candidates are required to have valid course registration. In case of lapsed course registration, please make sure to revalidate/convert on SSP.
Conversion: Candidate registered under Old Scheme compulsorily has to convert on Self Service Portal from CPT to Foundation by paying INR 500.
3. Candidates whose latest photograph and signature are not available or are not of acceptable quality to be printed on marksheets are required to upload/ change the same on the Self Service Portal before filling up the exam form. The photograph/signatures must be as per the details given under “Photo Requirements” and “Signature Requirements” in this announcement.
4. For any other correction required please raise a ticket in SSP for necessary status/flags updation.
5. Check whether the following eligibility criteria for Foundation Exam – December 2022 is fulfilled:-
A. Candidate should be registered in Foundation Course on or before 14th August 2022.
B. Candidate is converted from CPT to Foundation as on the date of filling the exam form
C. Candidate must have either
- Passed Senior Secondary (10+2 Board Exam) from a recognized Board and his/her 12th Class Board Mark Sheet must be uploaded in SSP
- Appeared in Senior Secondary (10+2 Board Exam) from a recognized Board and his/her 12th Class Board Admit Card must be uploaded in SSP
IMPORTANT DATES FOR FOUNDATION EXAMINATION – DECEMBER 2022
|1. Last date for registration to Foundation Course with BOS||14th August 2022|
|2. Commencement of Online filling of Foundation Examination application Form||14th September 2022 (Wednesday) (10:00 A.M. IST)|
|3. Last date & time for submitting online examination application form and making payment without late fees||4th October 2022 (Tuesday) up to 23:59 HOURS (IST) #|
|4. Last date & time for submitting online examination application form and making payment with late fees||9th October 2022 (Sunday) up to 23:59 HOURS (IST) #|
|5. Hosting of Correction Window||8th October 2022 (Saturday) to 13th October 2022 (Thursday) (For Seven days)|
|(For date of result and other regular updates, keep visiting website www.icai.org)|
# Please note that there is no provision for on-line filling of examination application forms after the last date, i.e. 9 th October 2022 with late fees.
KEY POINTS AT A GLANCE
1. Candidates are advised to read, understand and follow the instructions carefully while filling up the examination application form. Please also read the Steps for filing Exam Application Form at Self Service Portal in the link: - https://resource.cdn.icai.org/71198exam57207.pdf
2. Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/ Debit Card/ Rupay/ Net Banking/ BHIM UPI/ Paytm Wallet details for making online payment
3. At the time of filling the examination application form, check the fields relating to registration number, gender, medium, exam centre and eligibility criteria, have been filled in correctly before proceeding tomake online payment.
4. Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the duly filled in exam form, forfuture reference.
5. Exam fees is to be remitted Online only using Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit Card, or Rupay Card / BHIM UPI / Net Banking / Paytm Wallet. Read Paragraph 4 titled “Examination Fee” hereinafter in this regard.
6. Admit cards of all the candidates will be hosted on https:eservices.icai.org generally 14 days prior to the commencement of the examination. All candidates are required to print their admit cards from the website i.e. https:eservices.icai.org.
7. No physical admit card will be sent to any candidate.
8. Candidates have the option of writing the answers in Hindi or in English. Such option should be clearly exercised at the time of filling up the form. Read Paragraph 6 in this regard.
9. There is No Concept of Exemption in a paper(s) in the Foundation Exam.
10.Candidates with permanent disabilities are advised to refer to Paragraph 7 carefully.
FOUNDATION EXAMINATION – DECEMBER 2022
(ON- LINE FILLING OF EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM)
1.1 Foundation Examination is a gateway to enter the profession of Chartered Accountancy. Foundation Exam is open for candidates who have registered for the Foundation Course with the Board of Studies of the Institute on or before the last date for registration, i.e 14th August 2022 and have Appeared in Class 12th Board Exam or equivalent recognized examination. This is a Descriptive cum Objective type examination of 400 marks comprising of four papers. These Guidance Notes are exclusively meant for the Foundation Exam to be held in December 2022.
1.2 Descriptive cum Objective type Examination would be conducted twice in a year - once in the month of May/June and once in the month of November/December. The language of Question Paper Booklet will be English/Hindi. However, OMR Answer Sheets for Papers 3 & 4 will be in English Medium only.
1.3 Exemption from Appearing inFoundation:
Candidates who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects OR Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) or have passed the Intermediate Examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretary of India are exempted from passing Foundation Examination. For more details, please visit the Institute’s website www.icai.org.
2) Dates and Timings of the Examination:
|1||Principles and Practice of Accounting||14/12/2022||Wednesday||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM (IST)||3 Hours|
Section A :Business Laws
Section B : Business Correspondence and Reporting*
|16/12/2022||Friday||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM (IST)||3 Hours|
|3||Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics||18/12/2022||Sunday||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)||2 Hours|
|4||Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge||20/12/2022||Tuesday||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)||2 Hours|
|*Note: Please refer Para No. 7 hereinafter|
In Paper 3 and 4 of Foundation Examination there will not be any advance reading time, whereas in Paper 1 & 2, an advance reading time of 15 minutes will be given from 1.45 PM (IST) to 2 PM (IST).
Late Entry Permitted: Upto 15 Minutes from the commencement of Exam for Paper 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Early Exit NOT Permitted: Candidate will NOT be permitted to leave the Examination Hall till conclusion of the Exams. No Early exit will be permitted even if the candidate has completed his paper. Candidate will be required to submit the question paper also (for Paper 3 & 4) along with the OMR answer sheet before leaving the Examination Hall, after the conclusion of the Exam.
|Papers||Domestic Centres (IST)||Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Muscat (UAE Local Time)||Doha (Qatar Local Time) Bahrain and Kuwait||Kathmandu (Nepal Local Time)||Thimpu (Bhutan Local Time)|
|1||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM||12.30 PM to 3.30 PM||11.30 AM to 2.30 PM||2.15 PM to 5.15 PM||2.30 PM to 5.30 PM|
|2||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM||12.30 PM to 3.30 PM||11.30 AM to 2.30 PM||2.15 PM to 5.15 PM||2.30 PM to 5.30 PM|
2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
|12.30 PM to 2.30 PM||11.30 AM to 1.30 PM||2.15 PM to 4.15 PM||2.30 PM to 4.30 PM|
|4||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM||12.30 PM to 2.30 PM||11.30 AM to 1.30 PM||2.15 PM to 4.15 PM||2.30 PM to 4.30 PM|
Note: There will be no change in the examination schedule in the event of any day of examination schedule being declared a Public Holiday by the Central Government or any State Government.
3). ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Eligibility criteria for the Foundation Examination to be held in December 2022: A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Foundation Examination scheduled to be held in December 2022, if he/she has:
- Registered for Foundation Course with Board of Studies on or before 14th August 2022.
- Converted from CPT to Foundation as on the date of filling the Exam Form
- Should have appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination before appearing in Foundation Examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government (or the State Government) as equivalent thereto (for the purpose of admission to graduation course) and on complying with above
|% of permanent disability||Extra time allowed|
|In Paper 1 and 2 (3 hours duration)|
|Less than 50%||1 hour extra time plus writer if required|
|50% or more than 50%||1.5 hours extra time plus writer if required|
|In paper 3 and 4 (2 hours duration)|
|Less than 50%||0.5 hour extra time plus writer if required|
|50% or more than 50%||1 hour extra time plus writer if required|
Honorarium for writer for each of the papers-Paper 1 and 2 = Rs. 500/- per paper.
Honorarium for writer for each of the papers – Paper 3 and Paper 4 = Rs. 250 per Paper.
8. Check-List for Candidates:
Candidates are requested to ensure that all columns of the PDF file generated are appearing correctly. The barcode and fee payment particulars may be checked for correctness.
9. Issue of Admit Cards:
Admit cards with photographs and signatures of the candidates will also be hosted on https://eservices.icai.org generally 14 days prior to the commencement of the examination. Candidates are required to print their admit cards from the website, which will be valid for admission to the examination. No physical admit card will be sent to any candidate.
For downloading/printing of the admit cards from the above-mentioned website, candidates will have to log-in to the site https:eservices.icai.org and print the admit card from their dashboard
So also, candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the exam application duly filled in, for reference, so that they can use the bar code number contained therein, whenever they correspond with ICAI Exam Dept.
Candidates, whose eligibility is in doubt, will be addressed, for clarification, normally 25 days prior to the commencement of the examination.
Upon printing of admit cards, candidates are advised to verify the name, registration number, centre, medium opted, etc.
In case of difficulty in downloading or printing of admit card, or in case of discrepancy in the data contained in the admit card printed, contact the Helpline numbers 0120-3054 851, 3054 852, 3054853, 3054854, 3054 835, 4953751, 4953752, 4953753, 4953754 immediately, by quoting the Registration Number, Bar code number of the examination form, if any, Centre opted with Zone applicable, telephone number, etc. for prompt action.
10. Correction Window for seeking change of Centre/Medium
On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Medium for appearing in Foundation Exam from 8th October 2022 [Saturday] to 13th October 2022 [Thursday]. This will come free of cost.
It is found that some candidates while filling the examination application form do not exercise reasonable care and commit errors and seek change of Centre/Medium, on account of errors committed by them in their examination application forms, after online submission of application. 9 of 12
With a view to provide an opportunity to the candidates to correct such errors, a system has been put in place giving an on-line facility to candidates to view and correct errors if any, committed by them while submitting the examination application form, in the fields of Centre/Medium.
The Salient features of the facility are as follows:
a) Manual applications seeking change of Centre/Medium will not be entertained from the applicants.
b) The on-line window for seeking change of Centre/Medium will made available at https:eservices.icai.org
c) A change may include change of Centre/Medium either jointly or severally. Only one application for change will be accepted so apply carefully.
d) Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen. Candidates must ensure to check that their request for correction has been captured successfully.
e) Applications for changes sought shall be permitted only once. Once a candidate submits his option for a change, he cannot go back to the earlier choice or seek another change.
f) The Changes sought will be reflected in the Admit Card.
g) This online facility will be available to the candidates. The opportunity called “Correction Window” will be free of cost. There is no second opportunity called “Corrections with fee Window”.
In the event of furnishing any wrong information/declaration, the admission shall automatically become invalid.
Each candidate of Foundation Examination will be required to accept the declaration while filing the Foundation Examination Online Application Form that he/she has not already passed Foundation Examination in any earlier attempt and that he /she is eligible to appear in Foundation Examination in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 and if it is discovered at any later stage that he/she was not eligible to appear in Foundation Examination, his/her admission to Foundation Examination or if appeared and passed the Foundation Examination, the result thereof and further admission to Intermediate Course (or any other course of ICAI), if secured, will be treated automatically null and void and he/she will have no claim whatsoever. He/she will abide by the decision of the Institute in such a situation.
12. Representation on the question papers
If a student feels that any question asked in any subject was out of syllabus or outside the ambit of the level of knowledge expected as laid down in the syllabus or the language used in the question was ambiguous or any other valid reason he may, if he so desires, send his representation to the Additional Secretary (Exams) so as to reach him within a week from the last date of the examination at email@example.com.
13. Unfair Means in the examination
If a candidate is found to have resorted to or has made an attempt to resort to unfair means in the examination, the examination committee of the ICAI may on receipt of a report to that effect and after such investigation as it may deem necessary, take such disciplinary action against the candidate concerned as it may think fit. The Centre Superintendent has absolute authority to expel a candidate from the examination hall, if in his opinion, the candidate has adopted or attempted to adopt unfair means in connection with the examination. Any candidate expelled from the examination hall must before leaving the hall submit his explanation in writing to the centre superintendent. Smoking, chewing of tobacco, betel, intoxicant etc. is strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets (except calculator as permissible in PARA No. 14) are not allowed in the examination hall. It is clarified that mere possession of mobile phone in the examination hall whether in switch off mode or silent mode shall also be deemed to be resorting to adoption of unfair means in the examination. Writing of Roll number in place/s other than the space provided for the purpose or writing distinguishing mark symbol, like "OM", "Sri", "Jesus", "786", etc. in the answer book will tantamount to adoption of "Unfair Means".
14. Use of Calculator
Candidates will be allowed to use battery operated portable calculator in the exam. The calculator can be of any type upto 6 functions, 12 digits and upto two memories. Attempt to use any other type of calculator not complying with the specifications indicated above or having more features than mentioned above shall tantamount to use of unfair means. Scientific calculator is not allowed.
15. Result The result is likely to be declared in February, 2023. It will be hosted on www.icai.nic.in
16. Statement of Marks
Statement of Marks will be sent by Post, soon after the declaration of result. However, in case you do not receive the same, for any reason, within 4-5 weeks from the date of declaration of results, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to FAQs on the subject hosted on www.icai.org for more details.
17. Pass certificate
No Pass certificate will be issued.
18. Pass with distinction
Candidates securing a minimum of 70% marks will be declared “Pass with Distinction” and such remarks will be indicated in the Result Card only.
19. Withholding of result
The result of such candidates whose eligibility to appear in the exam could not be established for want of submission of documentary evidence by the examinees, when called for, is liable to be withheld.
Further, the result of candidates who indulge in unfair means is also liable to be withheld. Such candidates, whose results are withheld, will be sent a written communication in this regard soon after the results.
20. Merit List
No Merit List will be declared.
21. The passing requirement
A Candidate will be declared to have passed the Foundation Examination if he secures a minimum of 40 marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the 4 papers, in one sitting.
In Paper 3 & 4, there will be negative marking for each wrong answer. ¼ (One Fourth) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Please note that multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as wrong answer in paper 3 and 4.
Half or more fractional marks only will be rounded off to the next full mark in Paper 1 and 2. Any fraction of mark will be rounded off to the next full mark in paper 3 and 4.
It is clarified that there is no provision for improvement of result of Foundation examination in the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. Therefore, such students who have once passed the Foundation examination are not eligible to apply/appear afresh/again in the Foundation examination.
22. Verification Fee - Rs. 100/- per paper
23. Supply of certified copies of evaluated answer books
a) An examinee has the option of applying for certified copies of his/her evaluated answer books online https:eservices.icai.org along with the application fee, (which is Rs. 500/- per paper) within 30 days from the date of declaration of result. Scanned copies of evaluated answer books will be hosted on the website.
b) Certified copies of answer books will be provided in the normal course. Fee will be Rs. 500/- per paper. In objective type papers 3 and 4, question paper and the relevant answer keys will not be provided to candidates who seek certified copies of answer books. Only copy of the OMR answer sheet will be provided.
24. HELPDESK: Help Desk will be functional to attend queries:
(a) SSP login related, OTP not received– email@example.com, contact at 7877966966
(b) Profile changes submitted but not yet approved (name, photo, sign, qualification details, address etc.), Revalidation/Conversion – Raise a ticket in SSP or contact CRO at details given under the link https://resource.cdn.icai.org/53958list-contacts-cro.pdf.
(c) For Foundation Exam Form queries related to Eligibility Criteria and Admit Card related queries contact at 0120-3054851, 3054852, 3054853, 3054835, 4953751, 4953752, 4953753, 4953754 and send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
25. For any/all dispute(s) relating to examinations conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, the Courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
CHECK-LIST FOR FILLING-UP, ONLINE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM FOR FOUNDATION EXAMINATION DECEMBER 2022
- BEFORE FILLING UP THE FORM, PLEASE DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY AS PER DETAILS GIVEN AT PARA (3) (IGNORE FILLING UP THE FORM IN CASE YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THEELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS).
- ENSURE THAT ALL COLUMNS OF THE FORM ARE FILLED UP/SELECTED CORRECTLY AND ARE CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF.
- CENTREIS SELECTED CORRECTLY AND ISCORRECTLY APPEARING INTHE PDF.
- MEDIUM OF THE EXAMINATION IS SELECTED CORRECTLY AND IS CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF.
LIST OF EXAMINATIONS TREATED AS EQUIVALENT TO SENIOR SECONDARY EXAMINATION:
• Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
• Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
• Bihar School Examination Board
• Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
• Chhatisgarh Board of Secondary Education
• Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
• Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
• Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
• Board of School Education, Haryana
• H.P. Board of School Education
• J & K State Board of School Education
• Jharkhand Academic Council
• Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education
• Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Education
• Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
• Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
• Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur
• Meghalaya Board of School Education
• Mizoram Board of School Education
• Nagaland Board of School Education
• Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa
• Punjab School Education Board
• Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
• Tamil Nadu State Board of School Examinations
• Tirupura Board of Secondary Education
• U.P. Board of High School and Intermediate Education
• Board of School Education, Uttarakhand
• West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
• Chhatisgarh State Open School
• M.P. State Open School
• National Institute of Open Schooling
• Rajasthan State Open School
• The West Bengal Council of Ravindra Open Schooling
• Banasthali Vidyapith
• 5 (five) passes at GCE „O‟ level/GCSE/IGCSE in A/B/C Grades and two passes at GCE ‘Advanced’ level examination of the approved British Examining Bodies subject to submission of equivalence certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities, certifying that the examination passed/appeared is equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Body.
• Students who have completed two years of higher education including Diploma course after passing 10th class, conducted either by Central/State Government(s) and on passing such a course have either been admitted to first year of graduation course or have passed the graduation course conducted by any University, including Open Universities, established by law in India shall be also eligible for admission to the foundation course.
• 10+2 Examination of any other recognized Board/University not covered above but recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination as recognized by Central Government.