CA Final Risk Management and FSCM Tips and Tricks by CA Gaurav Jainn
The new CA Final syllabus has a new introduction of an optional paper where students can choose one from six available options. The examination is designed to be an open bookcase study examination.
If you have chosen Risk management (Paper 6A) as your optional subject in CA Final and are looking for a Guide to Prepare for CA Final Risk Management, this article is just for you. The Risk Management paper in CA Final examination is built around applying risk scenarios to business. Many modules in this paper are from the post-qualification courses in insurance and risk management offered by ICAI. The subject is close to Auditing, Strategic Financial Management, and Actuaries, Quantitative Methods, Corporate Governance and various Risk models. It is essentially an extension of the assurance subject.
Paper 6B in CA Final is Financial Services & Capital Markets, one of the electives/optional subjects for you to choose from a plethora of others.Being a concept-oriented paper, FSCM is touted as a favorite among electives due to some advantages. It is high scoring and is considered a great add-on for aspirants looking for a career in investment banking, equity research, and stock markets. This elective is also reckoned as putting CA aspirants on the same level as MBA Finance graduates due to its extensive coverage of financial markets and services, which was previously not offered during the course of CA.
Which Elective to choose between Risk Management and Financial Services & Capital Markets?
Both the subjects are quite scoring and are for students having interests in Finance. Risk Management is a theory based subject consisting of only one chapter for Practical whereas, FSCM is a practical based subject covering chapters like Factoring, Leasing, Mutual Funds, and Start-ups, etc.
Each and every subject has its own pros and cons, you need to be decisive about the choice you make. Also, ICAI has given this opportunity to students to learn and choose their future career domains while studying.
Risk Management is ideal for those who want to pursue a career in risk control, risk management or credit risk management and risk analysis.
Financial Services & Capital Markets is ideal for those who want to pursue a career in investment banking, equity research, and financial market analysis. This field is among the highest paid fields globally.
Tips & Tricks:
- Risk management is a vast topic. Do not blindly learn theory without practical applications
- Bring notes in the form of mind maps or concept maps. That way, you’ll see how different parts of the course connect.
- Quoting real-life scenarios (staying abreast with current business examples) will prove your understanding of the topic and is a sure shot scorer.
- The presentation makes a real impression. While answering correctly is important, how you present it also matters. Structuring your answers into sections and highlighting important parts of the answer will create a good impression.
- Since case-based questions will be asked, support your answer with facts, statements and then conclude by stating your views on the issue.
Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Understanding current business affairs is extremely important and could give you an edge over your competitors in terms of scoring
- Attempt MCQs first and attempt all as there is no negative marking
- As much as possible, in the theory-based answers, include real-world live examples to demonstrate your depth of understanding. This will create a good impression on the examiner
- SEBI regulations need to be understood thoroughly since many MCQs and case studies will be designed to test your understanding of the application of regulations in various scenarios
- Presentation is of great importance, especially in answers where you are required to present your argument. Structuring your answers into sections with headlines and highlighting important parts of the answer will make reading easy and you can grab the attention of the examiner towards your points that you are most confident about
How to Prepare for CA Final Risk Management & FSCM
In the following videos, Gaurav Jain Sir has discussed the Paper Pattern as per ICAI, Preparation Strategy, An Introduction to the Subjects & How to Solve Case Study.
|RM - Introduction||FSCM- Introducation|
|FSCM - Case Study & MTP||FSCM - Private Enquity|
For more Important Videos & PDFs by CA Gaurav Jain - Click Here
For CA Final Video Lectures by CA Gaurav Jain - Click Here
About CA Gaurav Jainn
CA Gaurav Jain Has Qualified His CA In 2006 And Has Spent More Than 10 Years In Trading Activity, Market Analysis (Fundamental And Technical) And Trading Strategies Formulation In Commodities, Currencies And Equity Derivatives. His Focus Areas Were Hedging Activities Which Exposed To Numerous Derivatives Such As Futures And Options, Swaps (Calendars). He Has An Exposure In Training Programs About Financial Markets.
His Teaching Career Began 7 Years Back With A Combination Of Practical Exposure Which Helps Students In Understanding The Concepts In Exceptionally Lucid And Easy Manner. In Such A Small Duration He Has Developed The Confidence Into The Students For Retaining Concepts For Long Time Through The Live Session Provided During The Lecture And The Diagrammatic Presentations Given In The Class For The Better And Long Understanding.
Hope you can find this article helpful. If you did like this Blog then Share it with your friends who are doing CA Final studies or who will be giving their CA Final exams in the near future.
All The Best!
Zeroinfy is the Largest Online Platform for Exam Preparation in India, with over 2000+ HD quality video courses, 95+ best Professors. We provide access to the best, most reputed Professors, from across India, by streaming their classes online/ delivering it in pen drives.
For further inquiries, Call 8100 800 600 / 601.
For other queries, check Zeroinfy.in