Preparation Strategy for Elective paper-6B Financial Services & Capital Markets
The new CA Final syllabus has a new introduction of an optional paper where students can choose one from six available options. The examination is designed to be an open bookcase study examination.
Paper 6B in CA Final is Financial Services & Capital Markets, one of the electives/optional subjects for you to choose from a plethora of others.Being a concept-oriented paper, FSCM is touted as a favorite among electives due to some advantages. It is high scoring and is considered a great add-on for aspirants looking for a career in investment banking, equity research, and stock markets.
The examination is an open-book type, which is both easy and difficult at the same time. While all information can be made available to you, only with conceptual clarity will you be able to use the information correctly and to score well.
Important Resources by ICAI - Study Material || Suggested Q&A
This elective is also reckoned as putting CA aspirants on the same level as MBA Finance graduates due to its extensive coverage of financial markets and services, which was previously not offered during the course of CA.
Preparation for CA Final Financial Management & Capital Markets
We need to cover all the topics for the preparation of FSCM.The topics under the subjects are discussed below:
- Understanding current business affairs is extremely important and could give you an edge over your competitors in terms of scoring
- In a case study format – the problem statements could be real-world live examples of business scenarios. In such a situation, knowing where to look is as important as knowing what to look for
- Go through and practice the existing case studies published on ICAI website. Videos to decode the case studies and understand important areas of FSCM can be found here
- Make notes while learning each chapter, specifically decoding difficult areas. Indexing the material available and categorizing them into groups will help you locate content accurately and speedily.
"Important Resources by ICAI - RTPs"
Approach to study this Subject
- Attempt MCQs first and attempt all as there is no negative marking
- As much as possible, in the theory-based answers, include real-world live examples to demonstrate your depth of understanding. This will create a good impression on the examiner
- SEBI regulations need to be understood thoroughly since many MCQs and case studies will be designed to test your understanding of the application of regulations in various scenarios
- Presentation is of great importance, especially in answers where you are required to present your argument. Structuring your answers into sections with headlines and highlighting important parts of the answer will make reading easy and you can grab the attention of the examiner towards your points that you are most confident about.
"Important Resources by ICAI - MTPs"
Procedure to attempt the Questions of FSCM
- Read and understand the case study properly and make a note of the topics and subtopics that it refers to
- Pay attention to the problem statement and figure out the bottlenecks
- Refer to the relevant topic and subtopics from your study material and books for anything including laws, sections, etc that you would need while solving the case study. Underline them for quick reference
- Answer multiple choice questions first
- Answer the other questions while maintaining your originality
Prepare wisely for the subject. And when you think that you have reached a certain level in your preparations, start taking up the mock tests available in the Zeroinfy Website under the head Important Resources.
Online resources to prepare for CA Final FSCM
As discussed earlier Elective Paper consist of 6 optional Papers and it has different faculties for all the individual subjects.For the refrence Click on the link below for more relevant Information.
There are various important resources available on our website as important PDFs and Important Videos.Click on the below link to go through it:
Link of PDFs: https://zeroinfy.in/pages/ca-final-new-financial-services-and-capital-markets-imp-pdfs
Link for Videos:https://zeroinfy.in/pages/ca-final-new-fscm-imp-videos
Important Points to note :
- Always write and practice.
- Learn Point Heading and write.
- Try for Mock Exams by ICAI and different faculties.
- Use Mnemonics Technique to Memorise Headings
- Make sure to make notes & mark all your doubts while watching the lectures.
Moreover, You can get in touch with our expert, Miss Abhilasha Sharma or Mr. Abhishek Bajaj (Mobile – 9051753757) exclusively associated with Zeroinfy.in
Hope you can find this article helpful. If you did like this Blog then Share it with your friends who are doing CA Final studies or who will be giving their CA Final Exams in the near future.
All The Best..!!
Zeroinfy is the Largest Online Platform for Exam Preparation in India, with over 2000+ HD quality video courses, 95+ best Professors. We provide access to the best, most reputed Professors, from across India, by streaming their classes online/ delivering it in pen drives
For further enquiries Call 8100 800 600 / 601.
For other queries, check Zeroinfy.in